The 2017 Math Open at Indian Wells will take place from March 20 to April 2. It was the second edition of the tournament. The third edition, in 2018, will be held in February due to the Olympics and in 2019, depending on the IndyCar calendar that year, revert back to March.
The Math Open was a men's singles-only tournament. Seedings are by race results of the 2017 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. Originally Will Power, Ueli Kestenholz, Charlie Kimball, Wario, Venusaur, Graham Rahal, Mario Lopez, Carlos Muñoz were all unseeded due to their race results. The BATC Community decided that seedings were original due to the incorrectly predicted ones in the original version.
|Seed||Rank||Name||CFF points||New points||Result|
|1||1||Scott Dixon||Fourth round retired against  Hélio Castroneves|
|2||1||Aurorus||Quarterfinals lost to  Ueli Kestenholz|
|3||2||Simon Pagenaud||Third round lost to Volcarona|
|4||2||Gilles Marini||Second round lost to Mario|
|5||3||Will Power||Fourth round lost to  James Hinchcliffe|
|6||3||Wario||Third round lost to Juan Pablo Montoya|
|7||4||Josef Newgarden||Fourth round lost to  Pee Saderd|
|8||4||Dragonite||First round lost to Salamence|
|9||5||Marco Andretti||Fourth round lost to [Q] Hines Ward|
|10||5||Pee Saderd||Champion, won against  Ueli Kestenholz|
|11||6||Hélio Castroneves||Semifinals lost to  Pee Saderd|
|12||6||Nidoking||Fourth round lost to Volcarona|
|13||7||Graham Rahal||Fourth round lost to  Aurorus|
|14||7||Venusaur||Third round lost to  Sébastien Bourdais|
|15||8||Ryan Hunter-Reay||Third round lost to  James Hinchcliffe|
|16||8||Beedrill||Third round lost to  Ueli Kestenholz|
|17||9||James Hinchcliffe||Quarterfinals lost to  Hélio Castroneves|
|18||9||Cameron Mathison||Third round lost to  Graham Rahal|
|19||10||Charlie Kimball||First round lost to Yoshi|
|20||10||Ueli Kestenholz||Final lost to  Pee Saderd|
|21||11||Sébastien Bourdais||Quarterfinals lost to Volcarona|
|22||11||Beartic||Third round lost to  Hélio Castroneves|
|23||12||Tony Kanaan||Second round lost to Drew Lachey|
|24||12||Larvesta||First round lost to Scizor|
|25||13||Alexander Rossi||Second round lost to Volcarona|
|26||13||Metagross||Third round lost to  Will Power|
|27||14||Mikhail Aleshin||First round lost to Vaporeon|
|28||14||Joey Fatone||Third round lost to Salamence|
|29||15||Takuma Sato||Second round lost to [Q] Hines Ward|
|30||15||Apolo Anton Ohno||Third round lost to  Josef Newgarden|
|31||16||Carlos Muñoz||Third round lost to  Aurorus|
|32||16||Mario Lopez||Second round lost to Chespin|
- Main article: 2017 Math Open at Indian Wells - Special Album Volume 1
- Main article: 2017 Math Open at Indian Wells - Special Album Volume 2
- Main article: 2017 Math Open at Indian Wells - Singles
- The releases of Earn Surattikan and Siriporn Umpaipong albums on March 30, and Tai Orathai's on April 7 will have a votes in jury and televote between Pee Saderd and Metagross for hogging Quizizz at St Pete.
- The winner will hog.
- Since Pee Saderd finished 7th at St Pete, compared to Metagross' 11th place result, Pee Saderd will hog the game.
- Due to Siriporn's 10th song on Choot Tee 17 containing explicit content, it is most likely that Pee Saderd will have to play his Math Open semifinal Friday at 6 PM PST.
- Also, IndyCar officials also black flagged Pee Saderd for the same reason.
- Also, this is Ueli Kestenholz's first non-snowboarding grand final.
- The Math Open finalists struggled at Long Beach, finishing in the last two spots.